Friday, December 11, 2009

Bananas and Cortisone

Hey raw peoples! Well, today as part of my foodage intake I had three bananas! More than I have eaten in a life time! I do not like bananas but I am making myself adore them and it is easier than I thought (now if I could just apply this logic to spores, molds, and fungus - i.e. Shrooms - yuk!). Anyways, I ate one by itself, and two in a yummy hemp smoothie, recipe courtesy of the beautiful Kristen at Kristen's Raw.

So off to the Rheumy Doc and ended up getting 60 mg of cortisone injected into my boo-tay....yowee it hurts still, but hoping it kicks in soon as I feel like an old rusty bucket of bolts! A nice hot buttered rum sounds yummy...is there a raw alternative recipe for that?


Okay another backpacking trip picture...Our 2004 Family trip to the North Fork of the Kings River. The kids had fun but at the end of 5 days they were dreaming about In-N-Out burgers (a California legendary burger joint). One of my tasks for going raw is to come up with a raw backpacking menu - now this will be a daunting task since you like burn 5000-8000 calories a day hauling a 40 lb pack for 8 hours at elevations above 10,000 feet! usually its carbs, carbs, carbs, and all boiled stuff. So, any of you out there have any ideas? I figure plenty of dehydrated veggies and fruit, and maybe larabars, homemade raw granola bars and raw nut butters and raw crackers. I am guessing I will have to have some cooked stuff like veggie and bean soup at night. I am going to research raw backpacking and see if there is any other crazy raw backpackers out there!  Have a terrific night and I wish you a very peaceful slumber!

2 comments:

Kristen's Raw said...

Yay for getting to know bananas better. :)

I'll bet you find some raw backpackers out there!

RA is Wild said...

Thanks Kristen! The Raw Backpacker...now that sounds like a domain name I should buy! lol