Thursday, February 25, 2010

The most amazing sunset and I'm out of here!

McClure Meadows at Sunset – Evolution Valley August 2009

in the High Sierra Backcountry

Hey my little vegans! Quickie post! I am off for anniversary camping this weekend with the hub-a-dub-dub. No kiddos on this trip (bittersweet – I always miss them). So anyways, if I get a chance I will finally snap a pic of the food I tote along on these camping trips. High Raw, lots of fresh produce and a little vegan cooked meals at night. I will tell you a secret (sssshhh!) I might sneak a little popcorn in at night while we watch Lost on the I-Touch. I soooo miss popcorn! We are almost finished with season 3 – and yes I like Sawyer…can't help myself.

Quickie list of food stuff I am bringing:

RAW ITEMS:

Nut milk, a tad bit of raw granola

Frozen green juice

Teeccino herbal tea

Apples, oranges, pineapple – all fresh and organic

Massaged kale salad with carrots and hemp seeds

Fresh guacamole and salsa with raw corn chips

Pure and Larabars (But I am trying to stay off these lately)

Gena's Chocomole

VEGAN ITEMS:

Mary Jane's outpost Vegan backcountry meals

Quinoa spaghetti with Amy's organic pasta sauce

Bell peppers and onion for fajita stir fry with a brown rice tortilla

Popcorn (ssshhh!)

 

Hope everyone has a great weekend and see you in March! Oh and we have to see the tax man on Monday – boo!

10 comments:

evergreen said...

Wow! That photo is incredible!

Have a great weekend, and don't worry, your secret is safe with me:)!!!

crunchyveganwifelife said...

I knew you could not resist Sawyer...that boy is smokin!!!!
I am so happy you get to have a little getaway with your hubby...It is wonderful...I barely remember what Chris looks like...lol
Your food list sounds divine!!!!
I can't wait to hear how wonderful it was!!!!

bitt said...

have a fun time!

try not too go too crazy on the popcorn if you haven't had it in awhile. just speaking from experience. I ate some after a long hiatus and it didn't go down too well. so ease into it. :-)

RA is Wild said...

I thought of that Bitt! I even asked the hubby today "how do you think I will do on popcorn?" - I will only eat a tiny bit - like a handful or maybe just skip it all together. I might just dig into the chocomole!

Rawkstar said...

Sounds like soooo much fun and your eats sound delicious. I wanna go camping with you {but not this time... ya know, next time!} :)

HiHoRosie said...

Beautiful pic! Have fun on your anniversary trip! Congrats!

Pam said...

Congrats and have a great time!

xoxo

Courtney said...

Great pic! Looks like some good grub. Hope you have a fantastic time!

Melissa said...

I'm so so jeleous you are camping already. Have a great time. And wow, you eat well, being in the wilderness and all! PS I love lost too. The hubby and I have now fully caught up and we are watching the current (Last!) season. Such a great show:)

Vegan Valerie said...

I hope you have so much fun, Judy!