Friday, March 26, 2010

WOW! LDL Cholesterol dropped a whopping 30 points!

Hey Raw peoples! This is a quickie post and (sorry I have not posted but life has been crazy wicked) – Anyways, just got back from the Doc (a Hyst post-op appt) and my LDL cholesterol dropped 30 points – can you believe that? 30 points in four months. My LDL is now 109 – I am so happy! RA puts a person at much higher risk for cardio issues due to all the inflammation going on. So I want to do everything I can to lower my risks. My OB/Gyn Dr is so awesome. He is a firm believer in the overall total body approach and supports my veganism. All my other levels are great too. And I am not anemic – yeah!

So with that I will say…

"Goodbye In-N-Out Burger with melted, double cheese (for those who do not live in Cali, this is in fact a very traumatic goodbye) – Goodbye greasy french fries, Goodbye Ben and Jerry, Goodbye Taco bell, Goodbye fried chicken, Goodbye sourdough bread with butter slathered all over it - I shall miss you! Parting is such sweet sorrow (well sometimes it is!) and I am off to greener pastures!

Now if I could just lose that last 7 or 8 pesky pounds, my vegan life would be complete! lol.

The hubby's new pride and joy (I think he loves this Rubicon more than me!) We just got back from Utah – it was gorgeous!

judy

8 comments:

bitt said...

awesome about the cholesterol! great news.

Unknown said...

Hip! Hip! Hooray for you! This is excellent news. All of those good healthy changes are paying off.

crunchyveganwifelife said...

Congratulations!

So finally raw has done something for you! Excellent! I am so darn happy for you!!!

I am going to really try to stick to a more raw, I have been cheating like nobodies business lately...don't ask, it would frighten you!

I have low cholesterol, but why take a chance, my lower numbers on my blood pressure have been creeping up on me, it used to be like 117 over 70 and now it is 120 over 86...creepy~! Yay for you!!!

Lisa Viger said...

Great news about the cholesterol!

blessedmama said...

Congrats on the cholesterol. It's great that your doc is so open-minded. Hmm, I have seven pounds to lose, too - on my right leg, on my left leg, on my tummy. Erk.

Melissa said...

That's a huge drop in cholesterol..congrats! I hear you on dropping the last couple pounds..its like they are tethered inside lol! Love the new ride..sweet color! My hubby has a 66 chevy that I call his "first love" HAHA!

Rawkstar said...

that is really great news! Congratulations. I sent you an email about your prizes!

HiHoRosie said...

Awesome news about the cholesterol! Congrats and good job!