Monday, March 15, 2010

Psycho Killer and Vegan Martinis

I can’t seem to face up to the facts.
I’m tense and nervous and I... can’t relax.
I can’t sleep, cause my bed’s on fire.
Don’t touch me I’m a real live wire.

Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est?

fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa better
Run run run run run run run away
OH OH OH

This song is how I feel today~ It is one of those days! Especially the run away part! My RA is killing me, I am tired and could sleep the entire day away.  I had a Chocolate Cherry Bomb Shake by www.Kristensraw.com and used Hemp protein powder that has E3Live and Maca in it. Hopefully that will energize these weary old crippled bones! 

Yeah I know, this was NOT my Chocolate Cherry Bomb Shake…but it looks pretty good!

 

smoothies 002This puppy had raw cacao nibs on top…yum!

Here is the good ole Raw menu plan for today (I reserve the right to change this!)

Breakfast: Green Juice (I drank a quart!) – hey I save my Kale stalks from my massaged Kale salad and juice them later!

Lunch: Chocolate Cherry Bomb Shake with E3Live, MACA and Hemp

Snack: Apple

Dinner: Spinach salad with raw veggies and tahini dressing, my own Raw Kale Hemp Bread that I made and it was to die for…recipe coming soon.

 

Here is what I have been craving lately…

martinis as if Raw martinis existed…raw vodka?

 

Good news! Vodka is Vegan – according to the Vegan Society in the UK…so that is good enough for me! I have not had a cocktail in four months. Now I am not much of a drinker at all (*cough* college days don't count), but semi-occasionally it is nice to mix a yummy, fruity martini and chillax a little. I used to love to go to the Cheesecake Factory with the hubby and sip on a Red Rasberry martini (one of the best drinks in the universe by the way.)

Absolut, Stoli, and Grey Goose are all Vegan. Just in case all you vegans wanted (needed) to know!

A GROSS, disturbing fact: Some drinks such as Campari are coloured with E120, a red colouring agent made from the red body material of scale insects (Dactilopius coccus). This is also found in some soft drinks and red wines. YUK – EEEWWW – Sounds like something Man vs. Wild would eat. The red body material of an insect. GROSS.

So what is everyone up to today on this ho-hum Monday? My 17 year old has a baseball game and then I am cooking chicken quesadillas for the fam. We are trying to go thru everything we have til payday. Of course my kids always tell me we have nothing to eat.  Last night they fought over pizza or Subway. I said "what do I care, I am raw, I don't eat that crap" – Raw gets me out of alot of dinner disputes!

Sorry my blog post is all over the place today…Psycho Killer, Martinis, Raw Shakes, Menu Plan…I am all over the place today!

I better run run run run run run run awaaaaaaaaaay!

PS – Now that song will be stuck in your head for the rest of the day! hee hee

6 comments:

crunchyveganwifelife said...

Lovely, that better not get stuck!!!
Thanks for the cookie recipe!
I can't wait to try it!

HiHoRosie said...

LOL! Haven't had a drink in a long time but this is a good thing. ;) Hope you're doing better and your version of Kristen's shake looks great! Definitely a pick-me-upper!

Unknown said...

You know, I was thinking about having a glass of wine, but maybe I had better rethink that idea. :)

I hope you are feeling better today.

Unknown said...

You know, I was thinking about having a glass of wine, but maybe I had better rethink that idea. :)

I hope you are feeling better today.

Unknown said...

You know, I was thinking about having a glass of wine, but maybe I had better rethink that idea. :)

I hope you are feeling better today.

Alisha said...

Hello! I just found your blog and I have enjoyed reading through it. You have such a funny writing style that is easy to follow. My hubby is still a meat eater and I have had the same convo's with my family when they are discussing what they want to eat. I'm like, eat whatever, I don't care, I'm not eating it anyways, lol! I look forward to reading more about your journey. Have a great day :)
Alisha