Hey there! How is Wednesday treating ya? I have been meaning to post some raw recipes that have actually been successful! I have had quite a few bomb on me, but I have to say (as I pat myself on the back) that my raw bread recipe is pretty darn delish. I have mastered Kale-Hemp-Onion Bread. I have made it a few times and tweaked it a little (sunflower seeds for hemp seeds, to add garlic powder or not) but each time it has turned out awesome.
So without further ado…the famous recipe from a newbie raw foodie:
- 2 cups of torn Kale
- 1/2 white onion semi-chopped
- 1/2 cup Hemp Seeds (or use pepitas, sunflower – whateva you desire)
- 1 cup ground flax seed (or Bob's Red Mill Organic Flax meal)
- 2/3 cup Nutritional Yeast (makes this bread taste cheezy and awesome)
- 1 tsp Himalayan Salt (or whatever salt you have…I love this pink salt)
- 1/2 tsp Organic Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Organic Garlic Powder
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
Now toss it all in a food processor and process til that ball starts to whip around the container. The dough will be stiff – Now spread it or pat it with your hands on a lined dehydrator tray and score it in your desired shapes. I score mine so they will fit into a quart mason jar for storage (so like 3" x 3" squares) I put my last batch in the dehydrator at 10:30 pm and it was ready at 8 am. That is it! You should get about 8 slices.
This bread has a great flavor..you cant really taste the onion that much at all, but it really helps to keep it moist. The nutritional yeast really compliments the bread and gives it a yummy cheezy flavor.
- Make veggie sandwiches – use avo and tomato slices, lettuce and organic mustard - can you say YUM!
- Use it as a side to your huge raw salads!
- Eat it as a snack!
I feel this is a great go-to raw snack/food item to have on hand. One day I am gonna make all 9 dehydrator trays full of this stuff. But I need the super large 12 cup food processor! Hubby do you read my blog? Cuz that would be a super romantic surprise present! (HAHA)
Have a great day!